Shipping / Delivery
No-one ships faster than we do! Shipping options are based on location, weight, size and value. For a complete list of the various shipping options and the prices (if any) simply add your required products to the cart and browse the options available to you.
Orders are sent out 6 days a week direct from the UK - with nearly all worldwide destinations reachable in under 2 days.
Cut-off Times / Speed
We have 3 collections per day (Mon-Fri) for various different package weights, plus 1 (mail only) on Saturday morning. Cut-off times and speed estimates are described with each option on the check-out page, but as an overview:
Deliveries to the U.K. (times in U.K. time)
- Small packages weighing up to 2 kilos ordered by about 16:30 (sometimes later, sometimes earlier) are sent same-day (11:30 on Saturday). First class usually arrives the next working day, Second class usually 2-4 days.
- Special Delivery items weighing up to 20 kilos ordered by about 16:30 (sometimes later, sometimes earlier) are sent same-day (11:30 on Saturday). Usually guaranteed to arrive the next working day by 09:00 or 13:00, depending on option selected.
- Standard courier - Usually the cutoff is midnight for "working day after next" delivery, but sometimes it will take an extra day. Couriers used depend on the order time, but include Yodel, UPS, UKMail, DPD, DX and TNT. We don't use Hermes unless absolutely necessary.
- Next day courier - Usually the cutoff is noon for delivery on the next working day, but sometimes orders placed as late as 14:00 can arrive the next working day. Couriers used include UPS, TNT and Parcelforce.
- Saturday courier - Usually the cutoff is midnight Thursday for delivery on the Saturday. You will need to choose "next day delivery" to ensure a Saturday delivery, otherwise it will arrive on Monday.
- Same day courier - We are able to get your parts to you "same day". This is expensive, and depends on location, but typically costs upwards of £200. We are based in Norfolk - contact us for a quote to your location.
Deliveries to Europe / U.S. / Canada / Rest of World (times quoted are in U.K. time)
- Small packages weighing up to 2 kilos ordered by about 16:30 UK time are sent same-day (11:30 on Saturday). Untracked mail takes 5-21 days, or tracked mail between 4 and 10 days. These times all depend on location and specific estimates are given in the checkout process.
- Air tracked parcel services - Typically orders placed by 10:00am UK time will be delivered 2-3 working days after then, but times can vary depending on location, and sometimes orders placed as late as 14:00 UK time will reach their destination within 2 days (Western Europe / U.S. / Canada). Locations such as Australia, New Zealand, Japan, the Middle East etc. should allow up to 1 week.
- Next day (express) parcel services - Usually the cutoff is midnight UK time to ensure "next day" delivery to Europe and most of Eastern USA, although typically 10am is sufficient, or as late as 14:00 on some occasions. For most of the USA/Canada if you order by about 02:00am your time and select this fastest service, you can expect delivery within just over 2 days at the most, although this can vary in particularly remote locations.
Tax / Duties
THE PRICE YOU SEE IS THE PRICE YOU PAY!
Assuming you are browsing the correct version of the site (look at the the first 2 letters after the ".com" or the country flag at the top left), then all prices shown already include UK VAT (tax) only if applicable to your shipping location - i.e. if you are browsing the site in US dollars (for example) there is no tax, nor will you be charged any duties. In all cases, VAT is only added on to the total during the checkout process if you select a European address and you are browsing the non-EU version of the site.
Country Specific Tax Information:
- European Union / U.K. / etc. - If you are browsing the site in Euros, SEK, DKK or GBP then there is no further tax to pay.
- Switzerland and Norway - If you are browsing the site in NOK or CHF then prices exclude UK taxes which aren't due in your case. VAT is only charged if you ship to an EU/UK address. We fill in the customs forms with "great care", it would be very unusual for you to be charged any taxes on delivery.
- U.S.A. - If you are browsing the site in USD and shipping to the USA then prices already exclude UK taxes, and there are no taxes or duties to pay at any point. Just sit back and wait for your parts!
- Canada - If you are browsing the site in CAD then prices exclude UK taxes which aren't due in your case. VAT is only charged if you ship to an EU/UK address. We fill in the customs forms with "great care", it would be very unusual for you to be charged any taxes on delivery, but on some rare occasions large boxes attract a small fee on import.
- Australia - If you are browsing the site in AUD then prices exclude UK taxes which aren't due in your case. VAT is only charged if you ship to an EU/UK address. We are experts in filling in customs forms "correctly" to ensure a speedy import process, and there are no taxes or duties to pay at any point when shipping to Australian address.
- New Zealand - If you are browsing the site in NZD then prices exclude UK taxes which aren't due to you. VAT is only charged if you ship to an EU/UK address. We fill in the customs forms with "great care", it would be very unusual for you to be charged any taxes on delivery.
- Rest of World - There are no taxes added to the prices shown. Special attention is given to your import documentation to ensure a speedy shipping process and whilst we can't guarantee your country won't charge you duties or taxes on arrival, we always do our best to assist in avoiding these where possible.
Returns and Replacements
We want you to be completely happy with your order. If for any reason you are not satisfied, we will gladly accept your timely return of unused or defective merchandise. Used merchandise cannot be returned unless defective, but we are often interested in buying used or unwanted parts if you are able to ship to either our UK or USA address.
Returned merchandise should include the original packaging and be in the same condition as when it was received. A pickup and/or restock fee and/or deduction for the initial shipping may apply. Merchandise must be returned within 14 days of receipt of your original delivery.
To discuss a return please contact us using the links on this site, or by replying to any of the automated emails you have previously received.
A Special Note....
Many of our parts are 35 years old. Don't expect them to be in perfect condition - but if in doubt please ask before buying.
We merely sell parts - we cannot be held responsible if you have mis-diagnosed a problem with your car and have bought incorrect or insufficient parts.
Core Charges / Core Refunds
Some items are sold on the understanding that you return your old part to us within 2 weeks for a partial refund. These items are clearly marked in the store, and a return label will be provided with a UK address. Please note that you will be responsible for the return shipping costs.