Shipping / Delivery
No-one ships faster than we do! Shipping options are based on location, weight, size and value. For a complete list of the various shipping options and the prices (if any) simply add your required products to the cart and browse the options available to you.
Orders are sent out 6 days a week direct from the UK - with most of the U.S. reachable in under 2 days.
All of our prices include a shipping element - there is no additional cost for standard shipping on orders of at least $100 - and there are low-priced optional speed upgrades if you are in a real hurry.
Is shipping really included? Will it take ages to get to me? Are there hidden costs or taxes?
Yes! - No! - No!
See below for more details, but as a typical "real world" example - let's say you're in Chicago, you press "buy now" on a set of springs listed at $200 and it is late on Monday night. You will only pay $200, no more, and you'll get your springs on Thursday morning.
Cut-off Times / Speed
We have 3 collections per day (Mon-Fri) for various different package weights, plus 1 (mail only) on Saturday morning. Cut-off times and speed estimates are described with each option on the check-out page, with up to 5 shipping options available depending on weight, but as an overview:
Shipping to U.S.A. (times quoted are in E.T.). Shipping times are not guaranteed.
- Small packages weighing up to 5 lbs ordered by about 10:00am Eastern (US) Time are sent same-day (Mon-Fri). Untracked mail takes 5-50 calendar days, or tracked mail between 5 and 30 calendar days. These times all depend on location and more specific estimates are given in the checkout process.
- Air tracked parcel services - Typically orders placed by 05:00am Eastern (US) Time will be delivered 2-3 business days after then, but times vary depending on location and whether you select the "economy" or "fast" service, and sometimes orders placed as late as 09:00 Eastern (US) Time will reach their destination within 2 business days (anywhere within the U.S.). The "standard" option uses the most appropriate shipping method for the size and weight of your order with times varying from 3 business days to about 1 week, whereas the "fast" option is almost always Fedex or UPS and ensures you get your order usually within 2-3 business days of ordering.
- Express 1-2 day parcel services - Usually the cutoff is 05:00am Eastern (US) Time to ensure "next business day" delivery to most of Eastern USA, although this can be as late as 09:00am on some occasions. For most USA locations though if you order by about 04:00am Eastern (US) Time and select this fastest service, you can expect delivery within just over 2 business days at the most (usually). Shipping times are not guaranteed.
Shipping to Canada / Europe / Rest of World (times quoted are in U.K. time)
- Small packages weighing up to 2 kilos ordered by about 15:00 UK time are sent same-day (Mon-Fri). Untracked mail takes 10-50 days, or tracked mail between 5 and 30 days. These times all depend on location and specific estimates are given in the checkout process.
- Air tracked parcel services - Typically orders placed by 10:00am UK time will be delivered 2-3 working days after then, but times can vary depending on location, and sometimes orders placed as late as 14:00 UK time will reach their destination within 2 days (Western Europe / Canada). Locations such as Australia, New Zealand, Japan, the Middle East etc. should allow up to 1 week.
- Express parcel services - Usually the cutoff is midnight UK time to ensure "next day" delivery to Europe, although typically 10am is sufficient, or as late as 14:00 on some occasions. For most of the Canada and some other worldwide locations if you order by about 02:00am your time and select this fastest service, you can expect delivery within just over 2 days at the most (usually). Shipping times are not guaranteed.
Tax / Duties
THE PRICE YOU SEE IS THE PRICE YOU PAY!
Assuming you are browsing the correct version of the site (look for the American flag at the top of this page, and pricing in U.S. Dollars), then all prices shown already exclude UK tax which is not due when shipping to the U.S. Payment is taken in U.S. Dollars.
For U.S. addresses there is no tax, nor will you be charged any duties or local/state taxes. To ship to other locations or for more information on local taxes in other countries please browse the correct version of this website:
Returns and Replacements
We want you to be completely happy with your order. If for any reason you are not satisfied, we will gladly accept your timely return of unused or defective merchandise. Used merchandise cannot be returned unless defective, but we are always interested in buying any used or unwanted parts, wherever you got them, if you are able to ship to either our UK or USA address.
Returned merchandise should include the original packaging and be in the same condition as when it was received. A pickup and/or restock fee and/or deduction for the initial actual shipping cost to us may apply. Merchandise must be returned within 14 days of receipt of your original delivery.
To discuss a return please contact us, or simply reply to any of the automated emails you have previously received from us.
A Special Note....
Many of our parts are 35 years old. Don't expect them to be in perfect condition - but if in doubt please ask before buying.
We merely sell parts - we cannot be held responsible if you have mis-diagnosed a problem with your car and have bought incorrect or insufficient parts.
Core Charges / Core Refunds
Some items are sold on the understanding that you return your old part to us within 2 weeks for a partial refund. These items are clearly marked in the store, and a return label will be provided with a UK address. Please note that you will be responsible for the return shipping costs.